We at Gaithersburg Animal Hospital want to continue to provide the care you have come to expect for your pets while also helping to slow the spread of COVID-19. We would like to take a moment to discuss with you what we know about the virus, and what we are doing to help protect out clients and staff from becoming infected.
1. The virus is spreading throughout the United States. There are new cases being diagnosed every day.
2. Dogs and cats cannot be infected by COVID-19.
3. The CDC has asked that we practice social distancing. This means only going out to public places when absolutely necessary. It means avoiding close, personal contact whenever possible. It is an effort to slow the spread so that our healthcare system does not become overwhelmed.
Second, what we are doing:
1. We plan to remain open regular business hours and are scheduling appointments for sick pets only. To help prevent social contact in the waiting room, you can call from your vehicle and we will meet you in the parking lot to escort you and/or your pet directly to the exam room as soon as one is available.
2. Our staff will be wearing gloves and/or masks when taking payments or while examining/treating your pets. This is being done in an over abundance of caution to help prevent spread of the virus as it can live on surfaces for a period of time.
3. We will be routinely cleaning door handles, credit card machines, counters and pens throughout the day, along with our normal deep cleaning at the end of every day.
Now, what we are asking of you too:
1. Have patience with us during this unusual time. Our primary concern remains the health and safety of everyone in the GAH family- employees, clients and pets.
2. If you have traveled to any affected areas or are in close personal contact with anyone who has, or if you are ill with respiratory symptoms or have a fever, please reschedule your appointment if it is not urgent or have a friend who has not been exposed bring your pet on your behalf.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or contact our office with concerns, 301-948-2828.